!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> InChristAlone: Power From On High

InChristAlone

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Power From On High

Isaiah 40:28-31
"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding."
"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."
"Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:"
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

My thoughts:
Why is it that I so easily underestimate the power of my God? He Who made all things, is LORD over all, and Who reigns from everlasting to everlasting--He it is Who never grows weary, never faints under any pressure of any kind.
Who am I to understand His ways? He is a glorious mystery and His ways are beyond my feeble grasp. But what I do know of Him and His ways I find in His Word. What must I do then? Read it and believe it! I must hold to its truth.
If I am trusting His Word to be true, then I know that He gives power to the faint--enduring power to bear those heavy loads. I also know that He increases the strength of those who have no might. When I feel as if I can't go on, He strengthens me and renews my spirit.
Once again if I believe His Word to be true, then I realize that all will faint and be weary and that all will stumble and fall on this journey.
But listen to this-- Patient waiting on the Lord brings renewed strength, a lifted spirit (soaring as an eagle), the ability to run (to me this emphasizes great motivation and a stronger passion to pursue God),endurance (will not be weary), and continual walking (in the Spirit). If I am patiently waiting on and trusting in Him, I can keep on walking and keep on being strengthened and renewed!
That such a powerful God would grant me the power to live for Him against the cry for my flesh is amazing to me! He never grows weary. He holds the same amount of power as He always has. My Almighty God is willing to strengthen my weak heart, mind, and body as I wait patiently on Him and trust that He is all He says He is.
He enables me to soar high above the cares of the world. What a powerful, yet loving and merciful God we have. Oh, that we would exercise more faith and trust in our sovereign God! To be called by His name is so great a privilege!
posted by Heather Livingston at 1:08 PM

1 Comments:

Hebrews1:3
Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This verse came to mind when I read that!! THat this same God has a relationship with me!! Thanks for sharing!!
~Dani

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home